The CROCS cult
5:16 PM | Author: Seen.By.Ice.Queen
In my humble opinion, CROCS footwear was a cult by itself. There're die-hard fans who swear by it. And then, there are others...

The truth is, for the longest time, CROCS has been associated with clunky, brightly-colored, 'acquired taste' kinda footwear (OK, so some may even think it's OOGLIE..)

As for yours truly, I do not dispel the fact that it is ideal fashion for some (let's just say i thought CROCS should be limited to the age of 5 and below) but attending the Launch of CROCS Spring/Summer 2009 Collection last night truly blew me away.


HAVANA

I was presented a tray, yes, a tray.. of CROCS footwear by a hunky guy (that helped..) to choose from for a TRY OUT. I decided to pick out a gray pair of HAVANA to match my attire of the evening (short denim skirt + black vest. Read: Casual sexy) and was I impressed or what! It didn't make me feel like Phua Chu Kang's niece! I was relieved to be rid of my heels that were giving me countless blisters after a long day of walking around and was threatening to walk off in my fashionable HAVANAs. I only agreed to return it to Mr. Hunk when he dished out a 15% discount card for my next CROCS purchase.

As host Stephanie Carrington aptly put it, CROCS has been around for God knows how long. I was grateful that it finally did something to reach out to fellow fashionistas out there who DO want to have comfort on top of beauty.

And who was it who said you can't have the cake and eat it too? I'm eating mine right away!


Winnie tries out her pick, a pair of green HANALEI


CROCS representative talks about SS09 Collection
This entry was posted on 5:16 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: