The Boy Who Cried Wolf - Timely parenting help
5:21 PM | Author: Seen.By.Ice.Queen
I am a first time parent. And I believe as is the case with most first time parents, much of what I put into my parenting manual is either from advice given by well-intending people or by gut feel. Being the stubborn and opinionated person that I am, it is often the latter.

One of my major challenges recently has been getting my four-year old to NOT LIE. I started by trying to reason. And when that failed to work, I resorted to... lying.. I've thus far told him that if he lied, his teeth would all come off.. I don't think he cares much about his teeth though.. since this tactic doesn't seem to be working. o_O'"

Yes, yes.. I know I'm not setting a good example. But honestly, when you are a FT working mum like me, getting things done efficiently is of optimum importance. That, is not to say that what I am doing is right. But honestly, I am at my wits end.

This is why I am utterly grateful to SRT's timely (well, at least in my opinion and to me, that means EVERYTHING) release of a play about THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF. Most of us would know the moral of the story. So to this play, I am going for sure. I'll probably try to buy a storybook on PINOCCHIO as well in the meantime..


Singapore Repertory Theatre’s The Little Company
proudly presents

Written by Jean Tay based on the fairy tale by Aesop
Directed by Tracie Pang

Little Petey is bored, bored, bored. It is really not much fun to sit on a little rock, on a little hill, watching a little flock of sheep all day long. So little Petey decides to hatch the perfect plan to have some fun and scare the socks off his fellow villagers. But little does poor Petey know that a very tiny lie can lead to a whole lot of trouble...

The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a wonderful new production from The Little Company. Based on the classic fairy tale by Aesop, you will be delighted by how it is brought to life by an exciting script and a professional cast of adult actors.

This play is a heart-warming illustration of why it’s important to tell the truth, and how one lie can make a world of difference.
Dramatised by award-winning playwright Jean Tay who is best known for her plays Everything But The Brain (ST Life! Theatre Awards winner for Best Original Script 2006) and Boom.

Directed by Tracie Pang (ST Life! Theatre Award nominee for Best Director in 2007 and 2008) who has directed numerous productions for The Little Company.

This comic twist to a classic tale brings home a familiar lesson in a fun and accessible way.
Recommended for 2 – 6 year-olds

* * *

DATES: 30th July to 12th September 2009 – please see SISTIC for performance schedule
PRICES: Mon-Fri $18 – Weekends $20 excluding SISTIC fee (Group discounts/Family Packages available)
VENUE: DBS Arts Centre – Home of SRT
TICKETING: SISTIC at 6348 5555 or www.sistic.com.sg/www.srt.com.sg
This entry was posted on 5:21 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: