Slow Dance
10:48 AM | Author: Seen.By.Ice.Queen
As a general guideline, I don't blog about personal stuff on this blog. I also try not to blog about depressing issues unless it is for a cause. I mean, seriously, who needs more gloom amidst the doom we're facing with the Swine Flu and Financial Crisis right?

However, this poem I received in my personal mailbox touched me in a very personal way. For all you cynics out there, it is irrelevant whether this is real or not. The key is in the message here.

To make you see where I'm coming from, I'll let you know that amidst the glitz and glamour that revolves around my daily work life, I am facing a very painful situation back at home. My grandmother had a bad fall 2 months ago and has been bedbound and deteriorating day by day while my mother was diagnosed with Lung Cancer some time back. These 2 people who are extremely dear to me have been fighting every single day of their lives eversince, just to keep themselves alive.. something that most of us have been taking for granted every breath we take..

So maybe, it is time to do a stockcheck on your lives and engage in a Slow Dance


* * *
* * *

This is a poem written by a teenager with cancer,
a terminally ill young girl in a New York Hospital ...

SLOW DANCE
Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?

Or listened to the rain

Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?

Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.

The music won't last.

Do you run through each day

On the fly?

When you ask How are you?

Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done

Do you lie in your bed

With the next hundred chores

Running through your head?
You'd better slow down

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short..
The music won't last.

Ever told your child,

We'll do it tomorrow?

And in your haste,

Not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,

Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time

To call and say,'Hi'

You'd better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.
The music won't last.
When you run so fast
to get somewhere

You miss half the fun
of getting there.

When you worry
and hurry through your day,

It is like an unopened gift.....

Thrown away.

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower

Hear the music

Before the song is over.


* * *

This young girl had 6 months left to live,
and as her dying wish, she wanted to send a letter telling everyone to
live their life to the fullest, since she never will.

She'll never make it to prom, graduate from high school,
or get married and have a family of her own.

* * *
* * *
|
This entry was posted on 10:48 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On May 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM , Felicia Edward said...

Wow Mich... I got goose bumps! Thanks for sharing this with me! Muacks!!