Ain't it great being a woman
7:46 PM | Author: Seen.By.Ice.Queen

OVERHEARD

Character 1: young kindergarten boy
Character 2: mom of the boy


Boy: I love shoes you know
Mom: Ya me too
Boy: But I like boy shoes
Mom: I like boy shoes too. But I am luckier than you. I can wear boy shoes and I can also wear girl shoes
Boy: Not fair :(

It's great being a woman :D

~.~

I know I am a late bloomer but I have seriously only recently discovered the fun of wearing define lenses. So I tried one box out a few months ago and today, I splurged on 6 boxes from an optical shop in Tiong Bahru Plaza.

Bought these FreshLook Illuminate from Tiong Bahru Plaza

Do my peepers look Illuminated?

~.~

I am not Cantonese but I do love soups. Chinese soups to be exact. As a result of my love for soups, I am constantly on the quest for Chinese soup recipes so I can make authentic Chinese soups. Today, I woke up and felt a craving for my all time favourite - Lotus Root with Red Dates and Spare Ribs Soup.

Ingredients:
. Lotus root
. Red dates
. Spare pork ribs
. Wolfberries

Method:
. wash, peel and cut lotus root into 0.5 cm slices
. soak wolfberries in some water
. blanch pork ribs with hot water to remove excess fat/coagulated blood/smell
. all ingredients into pot and add 1.5litres hot water
. boil soup till it bubbles then turn to low heat to continue cooking for about 30 to 45 minutes (depends how thick you want your soup)
. add dash of salt and pepper to taste if you like (personally, i prefer no additives)
. when done, turn heat off and drain wolfberries from water before adding to soup
. soup is ready to serve

My home-made Lotus Root with Red Date and Spare Ribs Soup

Made Sweet and Sour Chicken to go with steamed rice, boiled Phuay Leng and of course the soup

This entry was posted on 7:46 PM and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: