Of pain and pleasure
12:25 AM | Author: Seen.By.Ice.Queen
OK. So that's a picture of a humongous bruise on my left thigh. So before you think I am a victim of abuse, let me clarify that the bruises are a pleasurable result of (now get your heads out of the gutter) pole dance.

Yep. I've been taking pole dance since early last year. Started with me watching news one night and they were talking about men in Beijing really catching on to the whole pole dancing thing and excelling in it cos of the advantage they have with better upper body strength. So no sleazy dimly lit club type of business going on there. Just pure sweat-breaking gymnastic work.

The next day, I read the same piece of news on the papers. And so it begins:

On MSN with my BFF
Me: babe, u wanna do pole dance not?
BFF: har? dun wan la (pause) r u serious?
Me: u know the men in BJ have been taking on that sport... blah blah blah...


To cut the long MSN conversation short, we signed up for the lessons at Groove Dance School that day and started our first lesson that very Sunday. And the rest, as they all say, is HISTORY. That was pole 1 and I am now at Pole 6. Spins, climbs, inverts, tricks... we've been going through the grind and come end April, I will be performing in one of the items for my schools' regular item called Groovy Nights together with other students and instructors.

The bruises you see, is the result of incessant practice at our rehearsal session, not to mention that 2 hours before rehearsal, I had my usual weekly pole class :S

So there.. painful but DEFINITELY pleasurable... sadistic. i know.. but it's not all pain and no gain. To look on the bright side, my arms are more sculpted now (yes, i was one of those unfortunate ones to be 'blessed' with fat arms, thanks to 'great' genes from my mom. still love u mummy!) and my behind looks just a tad perkier than it used to be :)
This entry was posted on 12:25 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: