Do you remember
1:10 PM | Author: Seen.By.Ice.Queen

Got a missed call earlier today from an unfamiliar number. So I called back. Conversation went something like that:

Me: Hi, I had a missed call from this number?
Caller: Yes. Michelle?
Me: Yes, who's this please?
Caller: This is Richard.
Me: Richard Heng?
Caller: Yes.
Me: Hi Richard.
Caller: I just want to thank you. Do you remember years ago, you found my Sony Ericsson phone and returned it to the police station at AH?
Me: ??? (this is obviously NOT the Richard Heng I know)
Caller: This was in 2006 remember?
Me: Erm... ya. I think so.
Caller: Are you a mother?
Me: Yes..
Caller: I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Sorry it came a bit late.
Me: Oh... erm okay... Thanks! Thanks for calling. Very sweet of you...

Anyway, the puzzling teleconversation went on for a couple more minutes talking about inconsequential things..

I vaguely remembered this incident but it was just really strange that he's calling me now.. After like.. what? Five years?

But one thing that really struck me when I heard his voice over the phone was that he sounded somewhat.. sad.

The skeptic in me was reacting to how bizarre this call was. But the other side makes me want to call him back and find out if he is ok..

P.S: Sorry for the mindless post. Just had to verbalize it.
This entry was posted on 1:10 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: